• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Caught, Saved, Vanished.

This is something random. I just wrote my thoughts down a while ago when I didn’t have anything else to do. Haha, boring life. =P Well not really! =P But I’d still like to hear your comments/suggestions/interpretations. I’m not going to tell you what this poem is about, I want to see how your imagination goes. =)

Caught, Saved, Vanished.
- Stella 03/25/04

You caught me red-handed.

I had been poisoning myself, day after day,
Without anyone knowing, until you came along
I was induced to bring myself to waste away…
Plunge myself into momentary bliss,
To distract myself from everything that has
Left my soul burning in a fiery pit.

But you caught me red-handed.
And you saved me.

Blinded by your shining armor,
The darkness that has been devouring me
For the past days vanishes in an instant.

You saved me, and yet I’m still dying…

…Dying away, with the realization that
You were the reason all along behind
My torment… mounting, overbearing torment…

And I vanish.

…Tears rain upon the grave of a young lady
who had tried to devote herself to the
person she loved…
And yet the one she loved wasted no time
Leaving her in a state of worry, suspicion…
Of doubt in his faithfulness.

pretty nice

what this poem is about?
as far as i could think this female was not enjoying a loveless life. she felt in love suddenly and enjoyed those few days. but since the guy wasnt interested she commited suicide.

am i right? or am i confused?

I think she was miserable until he came along. He was gorgeous; she was 'pretty good-looking - for a girl' (cue for a song). They fell in love. She didn't believe in herself; didn't believe in him. She thought he was cheating. He wasn't.
She didn't commit suicide; she just faded away (broken heart?).
He stood at her graveside, crying tears of anger because he hadn't been able to prove his love to her.

Fun to interpret. Now, reveal the truth, Stella . . .

piedro said:
pretty nice

what this poem is about?
as far as i could think this female was not enjoying a loveless life. she felt in love suddenly and enjoyed those few days. but since the guy wasnt interested she commited suicide.

am i right? or am i confused?

Was not enjoying a loveless life or wasn't enjoying her love life? lol sorry =P
She didn't commit suicide =)

But since poems have their ambiguity (well, it depends) you can interpret it that way if you want to. =)

third man girl said:
I think she was miserable until he came along. He was gorgeous; she was 'pretty good-looking - for a girl' (cue for a song). They fell in love. She didn't believe in herself; didn't believe in him. She thought he was cheating. He wasn't.
She didn't commit suicide; she just faded away (broken heart?).
He stood at her graveside, crying tears of anger because he hadn't been able to prove his love to her.

Fun to interpret. Now, reveal the truth, Stella . . .

Based on how I interpret my poem (haha) some ideas are, hmm, the other way around perhaps.?. The guy really was not treating her right.
And yes! She didn't commmit suicide! I could accept "dying of a broken heart"! Way to go! But the tears part, the guy was shedding crocodile tears.

But like I said, poems have their ambiguity. Most of them anyway, I think.

But let me share on what my poem is about:
This part: "I had been poisoning myself" --> It is symbolic, yet I like looking at it as her intake of drugs. The one she loves stops her from destroying herself, yet from the start, it was the guy who made her take drugs in the first place, because she was frustrated with their relationship.
So, though she stopped "poisoning" herself, she died of misery, of a broken heart. =)

My thoughts are a little messy right now, but I hope you're satisfied with the explanation. =)

bobbyburns said:
wow, you are dark.

was that an insult? Haha :p

But I enjoy writing poems that are dark. I have only a few poems that concern happy moments. I wrote poems mostly about relationships, be they among family members, lovers, etc.

But ever once in a while I try writing poems that teach lessons also.

Back