• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Changeable headed woman, wheelfeet and lunchboxes

Bexamartin

Can anyone help. I read a book as a 7 year old (over 20 years ago now) and I'm beginning to think I made it up and it was a dream. I'd like to find out what book it was.

All my hazy memory can tell me is that there was a (possibly bad) woman who could change her heads to look different, as you or I might change a wig.

I'm pretty sure there were also some characters that had wheels instead of feet.

I'm also pretty sure there was something about lunchboxes - maybe they grew as plants. (Imagine that!!!!)

For some reason, I have in my head that it was part of the Oz series, but cannot find anything to confirm that. Does any of this ring any bells with anyone?

I think you're on the right track and it was an Oz book. I remember it from the movie they did in the mid-80's (which drew from a number of the books?) Maybe you'll have to re-read all the Oz books?

The woman with interchangeable heads is in the movie "Return to Oz" which is the movie sequel to '"The Wizard Oz". The IMDb trivia states the following:

The Movie is based on the second and thrid Oz books: "The Land of Oz" and "Ozma of Oz". Elements from the former include the introduction of Jack Pumpkinhead, the witch Mombi and her powder of life, the conquest of the Emerald City, the escape by flying sofa, and the search for Princess Ozma. From the latter comes the return of Dorathy, the talking chicken Billina, the wheelers, the discovery of Tick-Tock, a princess with interchangable heads, the intoduction of the Nome King, and the ornament room.

So if I interpret it correctly, it's specifically "Ozma of Oz" you want.

Back