• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Changing my perspective on Stephen King

My most recent King was It, and the one thing i kept thinking as I was reading it was what a monumental amount of effort it was to construct and build this book, if that makes any sense. I didn't think of this book as one that a writer wrote, but rather having its component parts built independently, then stitched together and made whole by welding the pieces together into a coherent whole. But of course that is how books are written, you say. But somehow this book had a workmanship-like quality to it. I didn't feel this way of other works that were huge.

It's a highly entertaining book, don't get me wrong. I liked it very much.

In answer to the original post, Stephen King's On Writing is a great read and I really enjoyed Misery. A rare time where the book is better than the film and the film is superb. Personally, I really enjoy Graham Masterton. Sometimes, he doesn't always get it right, but when he does his books are brilliant - The Hymn, The Scarlet Widow, The Devil In Grey etc. I made the mistake of reading The Sleepless before I went to bed. I'll never view cats in the same way again. :)

Back