• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Characters

Prolixic

kickbox
I finished reading one of my favorite books today and had a thought so I decided to put into a question. What is it about your favorite characters in the books you read that endear them to you? Why do they appeal to you? What is it about them that affects you and stays with you after you finish the last page?

Indeed, Gracewings, I agree. One of my favorite characters in Science Fiction/Fantasy is a nasty fellow named Corwin of Amber. He has practically no redeeming qualites other than his wit and his brass--which is the other thing I love about some characters. I mean, he can bald face it though just about any situation. But his wit...he's just a funny guy. You might even want to hang out with him if you didn't know he was pretty good at whacking people. His son has some pretty funny repartees too in later books.

***************SPOILERS FOR FIGHT CLUB****************

The Narrator in the book Fight Club, this character had a great effect on me.

I like the way he rejects consumerism, (something that I personally struggle with :p ), and how he has to deal with his personal demons.

Plus the place where he ends up in the book ( it's different to the movie ), I've been there a couple of times in my life;)

Back