• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Charles Cumming: A Spy by Nature

SpicyKiss

This was a struggle ... I think I only finished it because I had made up my mind to write a review of it on B & R. It's a dull crawl through what we are being asked to believe is true to life procedure for the Intelligence Services. I'm not too convinced of that. I'm sorry but as a new recruit with a U.K. company he steals seismic data for MI6. That is against the law I think you'll find. MI6 may well duck below a few laws now and then (I'm sure they do) but I do believe I read somewhere they have no remit within the UK borders. Are we really expected to believe they would put an operative into a company in an effort to steal that level of data? And then rough someone up in Baku. I was hoping this would be more than a draft script for a James Bond movie.

The characters are patchy and lined in and I was left with a, 'I don't really care about any of you,' feeling. I had to put it down, and read more engaging works, for great lengths of time.

Back