• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Cheap Book Finds

VIDEODROME

I checked out a moving sale up the road and found some good cheap books. Stephen King: Misery, Stephen King: The Dead Zone, Clive Barker: Books of Blood Vol. 2, and a collection of E. A. Poe stories.

All four books were only a dime each and were actually in decent shape.

It's always fun to find good books for cheap and in decent condition...a few of the libraries in my county system are having spring book sales to get rid of their discarded books...I am tempted to go see what they are selling. Only problem is, I have no room for more books!! Oh the woes of being a bibliophile! :p

D

Donna Rose said:
It's always fun to find good books for cheap and in decent condition...a few of the libraries in my county system are having spring book sales to get rid of their discarded books...I am tempted to go see what they are selling. Only problem is, I have no room for more books!! Oh the woes of being a bibliophile! :p

D
Our system had a library sale back in February. I walked out with 26 books and spent $21. As for space - they can always be stacked in a corner. At least that's what I tell my wife.

I love cheap books! I get my books almost exclusively at our library's store. I can almost-new hard cover books anywhere from 1-4 dollars each. I love it!

I just picked up Seize the Day by Saul Bellow, The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway, Salvador by Joan Didion, The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett, High Fidelity by Nick Hornby, The End of the Road by John Barth, The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene, The Hours by Michael Cunningham, The Natural by Bernard Malamud, and The Continental Op by Dashiell Hammett all for five bucks at a university book sale last week.

Back