• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Check out my website - please

Jenna

Can youse guys check out my website? I redesigned it, and I'm not quite sure I did it right. I keep getting a message that says done but with errors on the page. I can't see any errors - everything loads for me. So, if peops using different browsers could take a looksee, I would appreciate it. Please, let me know what isn't working! Oh, and if you have a spare momento, can you check out another website that I designed? It's at (dang, still can't figure out how to do this right, and I read the FAQ's) http://www.geocities.com/frances-evlin

Thanks in advance! :D

I got an Explorer error message that came up on all 3 times I went to your site. It said:

Line 189
Char 96
Error- object expected
Code 0

As for the site you designed, the link led me to a Yahoo page that said Sorry, the page you requested was not found.

Hope that helps,
Bill

Oh, well duh. I gave you all the wrong url. It's
http://www.geocities.com/frances_evlin That's with an underline, not a hyphen. It was late. I was tired. Yeah, that's my excuse. Now, if someone could just explain that error message. I don't know html. Drat. Thanks for looking!

Jenna, your homepage and its links all loaded fine without any errors.

That second page - loads as 'done, but with errors'. Cant see any errors myself.

Btw the way, did you know that the right hand border for THE ETERNAL TREES OF PRAND excerpt loads right in the middle of the page, rendering it annoying to read, and the FIREHILLS OF ORLAND excerpt needs the right border shrunk just a tiny bit to avoid brushing up against the edge of the text. Apart from that the links are all groovy, love the changes between screens :D

Phil

Edit: Btw, i use IE 6 Browser with 1280 x 1040 screen setting

Well, now that's weird. I have the text inside a table. The background shouldn't bleed over it at all. But you have a huge screen so maybe the border is repeating itself. I'm not that good with html to be able to tell it not to, so I'll need to run over there and do something. Maybe put a color in the table, that should override the background border. And I can shrink the table on the other page too. See, it really helps when the pages are looked at by people with different browsers and windows.

Ok, I just tried to override it, and it won't work. Drat! I see what you mean. When I changed my settings I saw the border down the middle of the page too. Only thing I can think of doing it removing the border. Phooey.

THANKS!! :)

Back