1. Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Children's book about a horse named La Bruja

Discussion in 'Book Search & Suggestions' started by sand1234, Sep 11, 2005.

1. sand1234

sand1234 New Member

Can anyone remember a children's book about a wild horse named La Bruja? The horse was captured and semi-tamed because it was so swift. It changed hands many times in it's life, ending up with a young child who chose to cripple it, in order that men wouldn't desire to own it any more, and it could live it's remaining years free again. I'd love to remember the title and the author, if anyone could help?

2. wetsand

wetsand New Member

your search for this book

Hi Sand1234, I hope you're still about here as you posted this a while ago.
    The book you're seeking is
    The Wild Heart - Helen Griffiths
    Good luck in tracking it down, it is still obtainable.

3. samg

samg New Member

Currently Reading:
    Lots of books about the battle for Anzio
    I loved that book as a child and I haven't thought about it in years. I can still remember sitting in class at school (third year primary) reading it and being just totally absorbed. Thank you for reminding me, but I had no idea what it was called or who wrote it.

4. wetsand

wetsand New Member

the witch

You're welcome, Samg. My friend had a copy when we were aged about 13/14 (a million years ago!LOL!) It must've made a big impact on me as I've never forgotten it and I recently unearthed a tattered copy for my horse-mad grand-daughter. Am I ashamed to confess I read it before presenting her with it? NO! In fact I think I even wept more buckets at my present age than I did at 13! :)

5. Pam Wilson

Pam Wilson New Member

Thank you for raising a question about this book. I read it as a teenager and over the last few years have been trying to track it down. I remember shedding a lot of tears over it and it left a great impression on me.