• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Children's Book - People Living in Wall?

kira

I read a book when I was a child in the early to mid 1980s that was a very powerful book and it involved a family living in the wall. It was a dramatic book, not fun and light like "The Littles" or something. I can't remember much about it except there was a child living in the house, and he or she met these little people, and that they lived in the wall. I tried to Google it and came up with The Borrowers but it didn't sound right. Can anyone remember this book?

How about Behind the Attic Wall by Sylvia Cassedy?

Customer review from Amazon:
Maggie is a 12 year old girl, who is sent to live with her two very strict and conservative great aunts after she was thrown out from yet another boarding school. They and her uncle Morris are her only living relatives.
When she arrives to their house she wants to immediatly leave; they are not nice, they are very strict and they do not love her or want her there.
Then one day, she began hearing whisperings and voices coming from the other side of the closet, and when she finally discovered to whom those voices belonged to, she found her own private fantasy and magical world and felt for the first time that she was loved and that she belonged.

YES! Kristocat! It was Behind the Attic Wall!

I recognized the title right away. Surprised I couldn't find it since it had "Wall" in the title! Oh well, thank you so much! It had been bugging me for a long time! Glad I found this site!

kira said:
I recognized the title right away. Surprised I couldn't find it since it had "Wall" in the title! Oh well, thank you so much! It had been bugging me for a long time! Glad I found this site!

Bingo! Now you have to help somebody else. Those are the rules. ;)

Back