• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Children's Fantasy

Children's fantasy is my favourite genre!!! I love Sabriel and Lirael (haven't read Abhorsen yet, but can't wait!) and the His Dark Materials trilogy. Harry Potter is the greatest book series ever written for me and there are some German authors who dedicate their lives to children's fantasy books, too. Unfortunately, none of them have been translated into English (only Asian languages or Eastern European ones, nobody knows why :confused: )

I think children's fantasy is the perfect mix for escapists like me :p . Playing in different worlds, full of magic and unbelievable creatures and things but still not grown-up enough to get things seriously difficult, relationshipwise, for example. I always love the love stories in these books because they are so innocent, yet touching... *sigh* I must stop babbeling!

I really enjoy the Artemis Fowl books.

Super inteligent criminals, and futuristic gadgetry is a great combination :rolleyes:

They seem to be more based on reality, and isn't a full on fantasy series.

Back