• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Choose 2 Dinners From Menu

muggle

Once again I will be vacationing in Maine. Part of the vacation will be spent in Bar Harbor, Maine where I will be staying for 4 nights. My package while in Bar Harbor includes 2 complete dinners at the Bar Harbor Inn and will include:

Appetizer, soup or salad, Entree, and dessert (dessert is not shown on the menu)

Select 2 complete dinners that you would choose from the menu.

http://www.barharborinn.com/menu.html

hi muggle....!!!

my choices are as follows:

salmon carpaccio
clam chowder
gorgonzola and pecan spinach salad
lamb- med rare

mmm...now i'm hungry!! :D

Well, you're going to Maine, so there are certain things you "have" to eat.

The first night I'd go with the cheese selection, lobster bisque and the swordfish or filet mignon.

The second night I'd go for the Timbale, pecan salad and the Boiled Lobster.

Maine is known for their lobsters for good reason, so I'd tend heavily toward them. They're far better than what you'd get in Virginia. Do NOT get the "fresh lobster meat". It's 1) a ripoff and 2) going to make you look like a weenie. Order a lobster in the shell. It's not that complicated and you can look directions up online ahead of time (if you've never done it before).

BTW, my parents stayed there in 1976 for their Honeymoon.

Mmm..
I would order the Stuffed Mushrooms, Lobster Bisque & Chicken Oscar :)

Your asking because you will be bringing us all Doggy Bags right?

Well otherwise I would be inclined to believe she was mean spirited getting us all hungry like this and nothing but pizza in our fridge :rolleyes:

no shit.....i mean the fish i had for dinner was tastey, but c'mon......chowder? lobster? DESSERT!!!???

Yes now I'm thinking I may have to srounge up a good meal somewhere, it maybe time to call my Dad, we haven't been out for awhile :D

You can't go to Maine and not have some fresh Lobster. If you have an extra hand free on the return trip, I would appreciate you bringing some back for those of us stuck in the Commonwealth. Other then that, the Chargrilled Black Angus Prime Sirloin looks good.

Ricky and Ronny....what is this "she" business. I have frequently been told I look like John. F. Kennedy but never Jacqueline. :) Now continue with your meal selection as it is interesting to see what you would pick. I will post what my selection will be in a little bit.

Meal 1:
- Lobster and Mango Timbale
- New England Clam Chowder
- Chargrilled Swordfish

Meal 2:
- Bay Crab Cakes
- Mixed Garden Greens with a house vinaigrette
- Boiled Lobster

Robert said:
You can't go to Maine and not have some fresh Lobster. If you have an extra hand free on the return trip, I would appreciate you bringing some back for those of us stuck in the Commonwealth. Other then that, the Chargrilled Black Angus Prime Sirloin looks good.

Yeah, blue crabs are good, but we really don't get much lobster here, do we!? I wonder if they would get mad if we dumped some old bay on the lobster tail! :D

Ok, this will "probably" be my choices. One can never have too much lobster and grown men never worry about being a wimp. :)

meal #1

Crab Cakes or the Gulf Shrimp Cocktail
Lobster Bisque
Gorgonzola Mesclun Garden Greens
Boiled Lobster
Blueberry Pie w/ vanilla ice cream (made with the wild Maine blueberries)

meal #2

Lobster Mango Timbale
New England Clam Chowder (it is soooo good)
Gorgonzola Mesclun Garden Greens
Fresh Lobster Meat
Blueberry Pie w/ vanilla ice cream

And since I will have 2 more meals in Bar Harbor I may have a 3rd meal at the Inn. :)

I hope you're going soon. Blueberry season starts the first week in August, so not only will they be maine blueberries, but they'll be fresh ones. Yum!

SO I gather then that you've decided not to bring back some live Lobster back for some of us stuck in the great commonwealth of Virginia. ;)

Back