• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Christmas Movies

Kaz

Every year there are repeat films on T.V. whetever you love or hate!!
I expect to see 'White Christmas' film I never see. Every year I always plan to watch this film but never did!! Cos I end up busy or miss this film!! :rolleyes:
Which repeat films do you think will be on this year.

So many, . . . . ! These are some that always show up on TV here:

- Miracle on 34th Street
- It's A Wonderful Life
- White Christmas
- Holiday Inn
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (original animated version)
- A Christmas Carol (1951 version with Alastair Sim)
- Frosty the Snowman (animated version with Jackie Vernon as the voice of Frosty)
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (with voice of Burl Ives)
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Home Alone
- Die Hard

Nothing gets me more into the Christmas atmosphere than Bruce Willis blowing people to tiny bits while yelling 'Yippie Kayee, Motherf*ckers...

The entire movie just breaths love and companionship, doesn't it!

Cheers, (a festive) Martin :D

Martin said:
The entire movie just breaths love and companionship, doesn't it!
Hey! Kaz asked about movies shown around Christmas - not necessarily about love and companionship! Hehehe...

Though after watching Die Hard, I always come away singing, "Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful and since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow." Now doesn't that give you a warm, Christmassy feeling? :D

Chirstmas... ah, and the very first thing that comes to mind for me is "A christmas Story". There's just nothing more touching than a boy and his bb gun.
Others that I would expect to see are the grinch, of course, and Home Alone. I wish they would show The Garfield christmas special more often, same goes for the Charlie brown Christmas special and it just aint Christmas without the Claymation Christmas. Of course the claymation Rudolph The Red-nosed Reindeer is a must too.

Originally posted by headpodd
I'd lay money on there being at least 3 James Bond films on over the christmas period.

I agree with you, it happens every year in Christmas. I pray it may not on this year but I don't think so. I am not fan of James Bond.

Also Santa Claus film which Dudley Moore was in it.

That animated film "The Snowman" seems to turn up every year on Channel 4! Altogether now: "We're walking in the air..." :)

Oh, and one I absolutely love: Tim Burton's 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'. I love that one!
That movie is one of my favorites, the music is always so catchy, if they don't play it on tv, I'll probably rent it.

I just love the entire atmosphere, and the stop-motion animation is fabulous!

famf1000nightmare_v_rev_nightmare.jpg

I'll be looking out for this one!

Cheers, Martin

I watched it on Christmas Eve last year ... it was, well interesting anyway - not exactly sure i enjoyed it but then im never one for Christmas movies anyway :D

Phil

But this is definitely not your standard lovey-dovey Christmas flick, is it?

And that's what I like about it, It's just that tad bit off-center.

Cheers, Martin :D

We love Nightmare before Christmas... Watch it as soon as we can after the last Thursday in November... Danny Elfman's musical score is wonderful... as is Tim Burton's "Christmas special">>>

On the other side of the Christmas coin...

Barbara Stanwyck's Christmas in Connecticut is usually only played one time during the season... but I don't take any chances of missing it... I taped it a few years ago to make sure I could get my yearly dose.

Back