• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Christopher Fowler

Geenh

I LOVE Christopher Fowler! He's a British writer. He has a fantastic sense of humour and of the absurd. His books are classified fantasy/horror/crime. He's prolific and his loathing of the class systems comes through really well in his writing.

I haven't seen anyone mention him yet but if someone has, sorry to repeat!

His sense of humour is certainly worth reading, especially in his short stories. I've only read one of his novels, though, despite owning a few more. The novel was Darkest Day and it was hilarious; Bryant and May were great characters and I see that Fowler has now written two mystery novels with them coming to the fore as lead characters - maybe I'll check them out. Calabash also looks interesting.

I've read (and own) his two new Bryant and May books The Water Room and Full Dark House. I also just acquired a book of his called Breathe which is more pamplet sized unfortunately although well written. Calabash was probably (in my opinion) the worst book he's written. It's the only one I don't own because it wasn't that good, however, I will acquire it someday.

Spanky was awesome!

Back