• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

classic favourites

My favourite classic is Wuthering Heights, I've read it twice, watched the film twice, and I know that I'll read it again in the future. It's amazing!

Jane Austen

Sorry for the delay, Toby. I've been away from the forum for a bit. I would have to agree with your estimation of Emma. I remember when I started reading the book. I hated the character. Of course, once I got into the book, I really appreciated what Austen was doing.

I also agreed that some of her characters/stories are interchangeable. That doesn't bother me as much as it should. I can't help it. Jane Austen is one of my guilty pleasures.

:)

Crime and Punishment

I loved this book! During the police investigator's interrogation of Raskolnikoff (sp?), I kept thinking how much it was like a scene from Columbo.

As for Jane Austen, I'm embarassed to say I haven't read ANY of her books - though I keep meaning to . . . Honest! :)

I think the "test of time" is important in defining a classic. Among my favorites would be The Great Gatsby, I just read that one again and enjoyed it the second time more than the first.
Tale of Two Cities would be another favorite.

Back