• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Clive Barker: Imajica

Jazzman

kickbox
Although I started this novel about three weeks ago, I almost tipped out of my chair due to the irony that the Book of the Month novel was also one by Barker.

Clive Barker is preceded by a reputation of having a vivid imagination. An imagination blessed with the vocation of creating volatile and bizarre stories which take people on journeys of morbid fantasy, disparaging concepts and varying iniquities. This reputation is personified and standardized by his tome of a novel; Imajica.

Imajica is a story of adventure, ignorance, libido, religion, love and predetermination. Each topic interwoven around a complex aggregate of plots, issues, characters and worlds which are in turn tossed around like a hot potato.

I found this novel appealing on many levels and would love for anyone else whom has read the novel to share their opinions.

Hopefully this thread has a little more luck than the BOTM one . . .

I loved Imajica. The characters and worlds (dimensions) are vivid and powerful (as usual in Barker's novels). I enjoy an author that plays with religion and this novel is full of that. The description of the book in your thread is bang on, Jazzman. The book is almost dizzying with imagery and ideas.

Geez, it's been a long time since I read Imajica, I should pick it up and give it another read.

I love Barker

I honestly believe that one would have to read this novel two or three times (at the very least) in order to get a respectable grasp of the conflicts, cultures and ideas that are offered.

Back