• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Clive Cussler: Valhalla Rising

Valhalla Rising

I just picked this up at a library sale. It's my first Clive Cussler and know it's late in the Dirk Pitt series, but I'm anxious to start it anyway.

If I decide I like Cussler's writing, would it ruin the rest of the series for me if I start with this book? :confused:

It shouldn't ruin the rest of the series. Each book is a separate story, but there are occasionally references to events that occurred in the past books. There is one recurrent little entertaining mystery that runs through the series that is explained in this book. Nor a major plot spoiler, but more of a little joke (don't want to give too much away :) )

The books have become longer and more complex as the series developed. I must admit that Valhalla Rising wasn't my favourite Clive Cussler novel though.

Originally posted by jammer6814
So do you happen to know how many books he has written with Kurt Austin??
He's written three Kurt Austin books to date (all co-written with Paul Kemprecos)

In order they are:-

Serpent
Blue Gold
Fire Ice

BTW I there's another Dirk Pitt adventure in the works too. No title or dates yet...

Darren.

There's a new Kurt Austin book just out, saw it at Tesco's today - its called White Death or something like that :) Personally i havnt read any of the NUMA series since the first one, even though ive read all of the Dirk Pitt series :) I have the second one lying around somewhere, might give it a read on holiday!

Funny you should say that, I've also only read the first of the Kurt Austins. I've got Blue Gold and Fire Ice but haven't read them.

There's another series beginning with Golden Buddha due out in October.

There's a new Dirk Pitt novel called Trojan Odyssey due out in November this year. Be interesting to see how the story and characters develop.

LOL, Golden Buddha is part of the 'Oregon Files' series - sounds exciting :D Sea-based crime fighting in Seattle! Big finale at Mount St Helens :)

Back