• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Code Geass

Samerron

Greetings. Any Manga/Anime fan of the amazing manga/anime of Code Geass?
For me it's one of the best things I've ever read!

Hi Samerron, I've never heard of it. Could you tell us a brief description of Code Geass (preferably without spoilers) and the name of the author/artist? Why do you like it?

Code Geass is a Japanese anime series created by Sunrise, directed by Gorō Taniguchi, and written by Ichirō Ōkouchi. The anime series is based on the manga i.e. Japanese comics. I started reading the manga, but then switched to the anime since it was better.

The series plot is set after Japan's conquest by the Holy Britannian Empire with their powerful new robot weapons, stripping Japan and its citizens of all rights and freedoms and renaming the country Area 11. Britannia Empire is the dominant superpower which comprises North America, and a major part of Europe.

The series is amazing how events and ideas develop during the episodes. There is a lot of personal development, politics and strategy. Many ethical, social & political thoughts, ideas and dilemmas are presented as major or minor themes. It is an anime that has affected me deeply and permanently.

The anime/manga has lots of similarities with the comics/movie V for Vendetta, and the idea of revolution. If you liked V for Vendetta, then I highly suggest watching Code Geass. As for the rest of you, give it a try :cool:

Back