• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Coffee Table Books

Do you still buy coffee table books?

• Total voters
My bookshelves were creaking from the weight of all the coffee table books I buy remaindered or used. Now I keep them on the bottom shelves of all my bookcases. I like large format books--or "folios" as we call them in the library biz--of art, exotic places, animals, astronomy, castles, and other things. We do have various tables and counters where I can lay some of them out. I change them with my mood. I can get a little obsessive about which ones to display. It's part of my home decorating.

All sorts, whatever we come across that interests. Trees, cats, one on the Terracotta Army. Um, I have lots from my Aunt on various subjects. Oh, Frank Lloyd Wright as well. I know there are more, but those are off the top of my head.

Some are displayed on the top of some low bookcases here, but most are in one of the bookcases that can actually hold over sized books.

Back