• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Computer or Reading?

Porthos said:
I passed my driving test so now I'm driving everywhere!! :eek: :D

Well done Porthos.
5.gif
I've failed mine five times despite living with a driving instructor! :eek:

I definitely spend more time on the computer, but then I'm currently doing my master's thesis in IT, so I (ought to) spend the better part of my day programming and writing the thesis.
When I'm on a break from working on school things the reading tends to get the upper hand, though I still spend a lot of my spare time fiddling around with the computer.

Kaz said:
Tell me about it, Porthos! Few years ago I always on the bus and read my books. When I passed my driving test, I drive to work that show I got less reading!! Grr!
If you've always wished your eyes and hands were free so that you can read books while you drive, instead of listening to inane music that's constantly streaming out of your car stereo, then your answer is: audiobooks.

ds

Well well well, Direstriats, IMPOSSIBLE for me! LOL The fact is I am deaf and can't hear audiobooks!!! That ones annoyed me alot that hearing people can listen to them and same with Radio 4 as well, but I can't. I really envy of you all. You should realise how you be lucky. Of course I am proud to be deaf. Life goes on and what's the point to be grumble over this. Thanks for your help. ;)

I hate that I lose reading time while driving, so I do what any good and safe driver does...

I keep books and magazines in the car and read when I'm stuck in traffic or at long stop lights. Obviously, it can't be something that I really need to focus on. Usually, I stick to short articles or "fluff" books.

Lots of people do that around here - even with newspapers.

Reading WHILE driving is a different story though. I tried to read a text message on my phone while driving and almost rearended someone. Never again.

direstraits said:
If you've always wished your eyes and hands were free so that you can read books while you drive, instead of listening to inane music that's constantly streaming out of your car stereo, then your answer is: audiobooks.

ds

I wish I could listen to audio books...but I'm an extremely visual person and miss half of the story while listening. I have to see something to be truly focused upon it. Thank goodness my commute is short (5 minutes), so I wouldn't have time to really read anyway.

Back