• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Computers

Catalyst

Iv had my own laptop since April. I saved up for it and bought it all for myself. Before i got it i had an ancient pc that could barely let me write essays let alone go on the net.
After 3 weeks of having hte laptop i noticed wierd things going on. My right shift button would bring up a toshiba hotkeys promt asking if i want to shut down the computer and the left one would bring up the letters nbcZ. It also did random stuff like type in capitals if hte caps lock was off and in small letters if it was on> like it is doing at the moment.

I asked my friend to have a look at it (he does electrical engineering stuff at uni) and he found that there were finger prints all over hte motherboard! Now im no compter person but even i know thats bad. He also found prints and other stuff inside the laptop as well as other wierd connection problems. Everything works fine if the power button isnt connected. Now that he has put it back together it works ok if i squeeze the bottom left corner of the laptop everytime i press shift. I do still get hte occasional random 66666666666666666666666666 that will not stop going iunless i hit the laptop hard. It used to be 0000000000 or ************ so at least thats something different to look forward too. It brings up new and exciting things everyday. Wires get crossed so when i ask it to do one thing it does hte other. Super!

It was horrible without my laptop. Even for one day i missed it. I use it more than watch the tv. So i have announced my laptop as my best friend. There is going to be another operation on it later after i have done studying. I will cry if it dies :cool:

Back