• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Comtemporary Fiction

theoptimist

Purely out of interest, what is your favourite piece of contemporary fiction?

This is my genre of choice. Hopefully I will see some familiar titles and some new ones.

*gasp*

wasn't bad

Well i see that you like Chuck so I'd recommend Invisible Monsters if you have not read it. Though really he's a pretty dire author

Why do you say he's a dire author? I think Chuck Palahniuk's writing style is really good!

I have read Invisible Monsters, I thought it was fab!

His sentences were so poorly constructed while passable if the ideas are entertaining is dreadful when it's same 'crazy' spiel over and over. I enjoyed Invisible Monsters because of it's pacing I was never distracted by structure. He seems like a one trick pony in how he writes; I stopped reading after choke so he may have changed.

I suggest Middlesex (a book chuck ruined for me!)

I need to read more contemp fiction

The Virgin Suicides has already been mentioned, but I do like that novel. Also another pleasure read for me is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I know that some of you will snicker at that!

This thread has made me realize that I read more historical fiction than I thought.

Back