• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Concrete: Strange Armor

VIDEODROME

Just wondered if anyone else has read this. I think it's probably my favorite graphic novel. It's about a guy and his friend who encounter strange beings who kidnap them. They take their minds and put it into a large rocky alien bodies as part of their experiements. His friend gets killed but he escapes and survives.

Most of the book is just about the main character coping with his strange new predicament. For one thing before this happened he was a writer but now his large rocky hands can't even hold a pencil. Also his life is made more difficult by people who want to take advantage of him. Some government guy think he can be a weapon and keeps trying to manipulate him.

Anyway I guess what I like about it is it has character in an extraordinary situation, but it doesn't become a superhero story.

new_graphic_novel06.jpg

Back