• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Conn Iggulden: Wolf of the Plains

Tintin

The first of the Conqueror series chronicling the rise to power of Genghis Khan.

This is a must-read book that lives up to its hype. The quote 'It seemed like a blockbuster movie was unfolding before me' is appropriate as stated in the book cover.

The action is frenetic and the pace of the book is so quick you barely have time to take a breather. Iggulden keeps us absorbed until the very end and makes events look so real that you imagine yourself in the center of Genghis Khan's (Temujin in this book) world.

The attention to detail the author pays to the situation is particularly noteworthy-and the characters complex, their true motives yet to be unraveled.

Eagerly waiting to read Lords of the Bow-the second book.

I am enjoying the Gates of Rome by this author so I will endeavour to read the books you mention at some point, I like his style it is easy reading, descriptive of the times and fast paced.

very popular writer

It seems the author is really successful among children and teens for his novels based on history- the Genghis Khan series for example (Wolf of the Plains is one of them). It is quite a rage.

Back