• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Conspiracy nuts?

Very Funny

Where I come from people are into this stuff too, to be truthful I am a little too. I love the humor here :) , and I will try to read this book.

I can't help but think that as moronic as this is, it's a fascinating subject. So does anyone know of a reasonably balanced book about the phenomenon - ie. a book ON conspiracy nuts, not OF conspiracy nuts: why people fall for it, historical overview, etc. (I guess what I'm really looking for is a non-fiction version of "Foucault's Pendulum"...)

How about:
"The A-Z of conspiracy Theories", edited by Kate Tuckett;
"Conspiracy Theories: The philosophical debate" , edited by David Coady; "Conspiracy Encyclopedia: The Encyclopedia of Conpiracy Theories"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke#Reptilian_humanoids

Do you think perhaps we should collaborate and create our own conspiracy theory, to see how many people take us seriously? It's actually kind of funny what kind of things people will believe...I heard some guy was absolutely convinced that all the rich/powerful families of the world were shape-shifting lizard-like aliens. I'd like to know what he was smoking when he wrote it down, becuase maybe it would get me published.

So a couple of years later, I stumbled across Voodoo Histories: The Role of the Conspiracy Theory in Shaping Modern History by David Aaronovitch, which looks like exactly what I was looking for; detailing the hows, the whys, and the whatthehells of conspiracies from The Protocols Of The Elders Of Zion to the "Obama ain't American" nuts and 9/11 truthers. One of the chapters is called "Holy Blood, Holy Grail, Holy Shit". I think I'm going to enjoy this.

Back