• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Cool Rock Book Suggestions

JK_Lutherie

Hey All,

Here are a few books that I think anyone interested in rock music and rock history would enjoy.

Jim Marshall- Father of Loud
- Cool story of how a drum instructor with no electronics knowledge created the world and most famous rock guitar amplifier. Lot's of remembrances of his interaction with groups like The Who and Deep Purple.

Strange Brew
- An almost day by day account of what was happening in the early days of British Blues groups like Cream, Blind Faith, Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, and many more.

Riot on Sunset Strip
- Tell of the rise and very fast fall of the rock music scene on the sunset strip in the mid sixties. Although the self-righteous hippy talk can get a bit much, it was still a cool story to read.

I'm currently reading:

Road Show
- It's a really cool travelogue by Neil Peart the drummer for Rush. Neil with a friend road his motorcyle something like 20,000 miles traveling between concert. Along the way enjoys the scenery, the people, the companionship of his riding buddy, and the remembrances of past trips and past concerts.

Just my opinions,
Matt

Back