• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Cormac McCarthy: Cities Of The Plain

Shmoove

It was the best of trilogy's, it was the worst of trilogy's. Having just finished this "tril" as all the kids are calling them these days I was relieved to have finally finished them. This was the final book in the Border Trilogy and it had a pretty interesting story but once again in the end McCarthy had to make it depressing. It was really sad how everyone that Billy got close to ended up dying and I was frustrated at the end when John died because I was expecting and wanting Billy to break down and show some emotion but he didn't. I figured if it was going to have a sad ending lets make it really sad and get some tears out of me but it came up just short. I liked this book the best out of the three maybe because there was a love story of sorts. I give it 7 out of 10 stars. Now I just need to read Blood Meridian and I will be done with McCarthy for awhile. :)

Back