• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Craft Books

CrossStitcher30

Who here reads books on crafts? I love cross stitching books. A lot of them have wonderful tip, photos, step-by-step instructions and photos, stories, histories, and more. What are your favorite craft books? :)

I have tons of crochet books, but none of them have much more than patterns and instructions. Your books sound better!

I am a quilter (I also knit), and I love to read through quilting books as well as general craft books, and fiction books that feature needleworkers, crafters etc. I love the histories and tips, too. Ha, thought I was the only one!,

oh my...... I couldn't possibly list all the craft books, they are easily about 1/4 of my library. ( and my library fills our entire house, we are actually thinking of moving partly because we need more book room)
knitting
silk embroidery
doll making
toy making
quilting
bookbinding
sewing
decorating how to
china painting
decopage
herb crafts
garden crafts
decorative painting
beading
lace making
historical costuming
historical embroidery
jewelry making
sculpture
leather craft
resin work
mold making
I could go on and on......... but I have bored you all enough
I really really need a larger house and studio
vi

My favorite craft book is The American Girls' Handy Book by Lina and Adelia Beard. It's a turn-of-the-century publication for girls denoting hundreds of crafts and activities with charming illustrations. I've actually written a review / recommendation of it, which you can find on my web site. I check it out from the library so often I really should buy it.

Back