• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Creating webpages and online books (for a novice))

The article seems a bit pointless for 2012. Had it been written in 1998, it would have been more relevant. MS Word has had the ability to save a .doc as .html for quite some time now, in fact the default paste option is to paste as html. If the Word saved .html doesn't display properly in Firefox or Chrome, then you'll want to open it in a text editor like notepad to see what non-html compliant formatting Word added.

... MS Word has had the ability to save a .doc as .html for quite some time now, ...

Yes indeed. This is also true for other word processors. To understand a code generated by MSWORD, for example when something has to be corrected, one has to be familiar with CSS (Cascading Styles Sheets). That is why I prefer the old approach. I like simplicity.

Those who know nothing about CSS might benefit from a brief introduction at:

http://pages.csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/misc/tutor2.pdf

L.K.

Moved as you are once again linking to your own website.

I would also like to see beer good's question answered as I was wondering the same thing.

Book Rec

The excellent book, How to Market a Book (no conflict of interests), will walk you through how to set up your own webpage, in addition to teaching you a lot of other things about self-publishing.

Back