• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading Blackwood Farm by Anne Rice. It's good so far, even though I'm only on chapter 3. I guess I'll just give you the back of the book.

Welcome to Blackwood Farm: soaring white columns, spacious dining rooms, sun-drenched gardens, and a dark stip of the dense Sugar Devil Swamp. This is the world of Quinn Blackwood, a brilliant young man haunted since birth by a mysterious doppelgänger, a spirit known as Goblin. When Quinn is made a vampire, losing all that is rightfully his and gaining an unwanted immortality, Goblin becomes even more vampiric and terrifying than Quinn himself. Desperate, Quinn seeks out the legendary Vampire Lestat in the hope of freeing himself from the specter that draws him inexorably back to Sugar Devil Swamp - and to the secrets it holds...

It sounded pretty interesting...

Still Life with Crows by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.
I'm about 20 pages into the book and I love it. These two authors write incredible good stories. They give me the creeps! Attic is one of my favourite! :D

I'm reading A clockwork orange, and it seems to be a great story. Takes a little time to get used to the slang that is used in the book but it gets easier as you read..

Our pockets were full of deng, so there was no real need from the point of view of crasting any more pretty polly to tolchock some old veck in an ally and viddy him swim in his blood while we counted the takings and divided by four, nor to do the ultra-violent on some shivering starry grey-haired ptitsa in a shop an go smecking off with the till's guts. But, as they say, money isn't everything.
A clockwork orange, page 5

Hay

Gizmo said:
Still Life with Crows by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.
I'm about 20 pages into the book and I love it. These two authors write incredible good stories. They give me the creeps! Attic is one of my favourite! :D
OOoh! I've been wanting to read a book by them for a while! I'll save it for when I want a good creep-out!

Ooo! I LOVED Relic! Didn't know they had a new one out. I'll have to pick it up. (Eek! I'm out of listing room on the first page. I'll have to start a new paper. :D )

AWESOME! I'm Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's number one fan :) I haven't met many people who are into them. I've read: Relic, Reliquary, and The Cabinet of Curiosities by them. Still Life With Crows is next for me. Tell me how it is, Gizmo!

Bountyhunter said:
AWESOME! I'm Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's number one fan :) I haven't met many people who are into them. I've read: Relic, Reliquary, and The Cabinet of Curiosities by them. Still Life With Crows is next for me. Tell me how it is, Gizmo!
So far it's pretty good but I don't like Special Agend Pendergast that much. I hope that it won't have a crap ending like The Cabinet of Curiosities. At the moment it's pretty much the same as in the Cabinet => they find a dead body and Agent Pendergast shows up, gets a female kind of companion (to drive him around? => he can't drive, can he?) and the hunt is on. :D

Cathy C said:
Ooo! I LOVED Relic! Didn't know they had a new one out. I'll have to pick it up. (Eek! I'm out of listing room on the first page. I'll have to start a new paper. :D )
I just finished reading Still Life with Crows and in my opinion the whole book is crap. Look at the "I just finished reading" thread for more of my ravings.

Was Reading....

Help.... :) just finished Blindness..mmmm very good..
Am going out tomorrow armed £££ for book :cool: ....but can't make my mind up :rolleyes:
What something excitingggggggggggggggggg perhaps bit :eek: scaryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..Oh I don't know :confused:
Got to get it right as I'm then home all weekend... :D
Any ideas,please throw them at me... er no bricks please :eek: x

VTChEwbecca said:
I enjoyed that book. Definitely a pleasant read...its probably my second favorite of her books (after P&P).
Pride and Prejudice was really good and I'm looking forward to reading Emma. :D

What?! I didn't think the end of The Cabinet of Curiosities was crap. The ending could've been better but still, I liked it. I like Pendergast personally... as well as, lieutenant D'agosta. But... oh well... I hear Still Life was supposed to be great..

VTChEwbecca said:
Finally got to His Dark Materials...reading The Golden Compass right now. I'm not very far into the book, but it is interesting.
I got those books for free and didn't really like the look of them.. then I read them and thougth they where excellent.

Right now I'm re-reading A Song for Arbonne by Guy Gavriel Kay. Ran out of books to read and can't aford to by a new one right now :( ..

Hay

I decided to put down Hunted Past Reason {Never even started on it} because I decided to read a book I've been wanting to for a while.

The Terminal Man by Michael Crichton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back