• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Cyberpunk book

sirtwist2

Greetings,

I am looking for a cyberpunk book that has a character named sir twist. He is a civilian who ends up going on a run with a group to steal something from somewhere! One of the other group ends up naming him sir twist for some reason. I read this story quite awhile ago, late 80's or early 90's. I took the character's name as my online name, but now can't remember the book's title and haven't been able to find any info online.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Maybe the Shadowrun books by Robert N. Charrette, Never Deal with a Dragon, Choose Your Enemies Carefully, and Find Your Own Truth? Could the main character's name be Sam Verner?

I think you got it Jez.

http://adrr.com/hero/wildhunt/slm025.htm

Choose Your Enemies Wisely, by Robert C. Charrette. Cataloged in bookstores under Shadowrun. Second in the "Secrets of Power" series. ROC, $4.50.

Ok, the first book was good enought that I went out and bought a scenario (The Universal Brotherhood -- good enough to justify buying it just to read) and then bought the rules. My copy of the rules is missing some pages (printed blank, I wrote FASA for replacement pages, still no reponse), but it was good enough I bought a supplement and another scenario.

And I bought the second novel in the series.

Better. Some of the twitchiness is explained, redemption may come yet.

Sir Twist, the wageslave become shaman from the first book, continues on his quest to find his sister. Lots of twists, lots of movement and lots of resolution. Better than the Dumarest or Diadem novels at giving a solid end while leaving the quest's end for the next book. Even better, I'd bet that the quest's end will occur next book.

Charrette writes suprisingly well for a "newcomer." He also manages to be completely true to the rules in his writing. Has anyone seen him under a different name or something? I'd like to see more.

Maybe the Shadowrun books by Robert N. Charrette, Never Deal with a Dragon, Choose Your Enemies Carefully, and Find Your Own Truth? Could the main character's name be Sam Verner?

Thanks for the response, I will check those out. I can't remember what the character's real name was, that could very well be it.

your user name reminded me of a question I had.....

does anyone know...can a U.S. citizen be knighted by a king/queen? has it ever happened?

A U.S. citizen can be knighted but they can't use the title in the U.S.

George Bush Sr., Rudolph Giuliani, Alan Greenspan. Bill Gates, and Steven Spielberg have all been knighted. None are referred to as Sir in the U.S.

Back