• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dancing Embers, a zuihitsu-inspired memoir

Sleiman

Hi all,

I spent ten years living and working in Japan, all the while studying the martial arts.

I've recently published my third, an eBook, based on that experience through Kindle. The book is titled 'Dancing Embers'.

The work is heavily influenced by the Japanese literary form of zuihitsu as I've found that style to be well suited to expressing the book's subject matter.

I'm hesitant to use the term 'martial arts' to describe the subject simply because my experience has been so very different to what many - including martial artists - would imagine martial arts to be.

I believe that my writing expresses the difference and I would dearly like to hear and read of others' view of the writing. I'm not afraid of honest literary criticism.

Also, if anyone is interested in reviewing the work simply contact me and I will provide you with a press release with appropriate links.

Thanks,

Sleiman Azizi

Last edited:
Back