• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dark Tower VII - MAJOR SPOILORS THROUGHOUT

Lyra

kickbox
Doesn't the fact that the Tower sent Roland back mean that it is now in danger of falling again? Can't quite work out the logic. It is a long time since I read The Gunslinger but having read some posts on thedarktower.net it appears that there are clues in it to suggest that Roland has been looping for some time. Does the fact that he now has the horn mean that he has finally learnt some lessons along the way and that the next loop will be the last? The fact that he was willing to die to save Stephen King instead of Jake indicates that he had come a long way in realising that the quest was not worth all the sacrifices he had made. Does that mean that in this loop he will not let Jake fall the first time round? One theory I read was that he is not looping at all but having to save the Tower in numerous different realities. The point was also made that he rushed through the Tower to get to the top without confronting all the different issues in his past illustrated in all the different rooms. Maybe he needs to learn that the journey is more important than actually reaching the top of the Tower?

As you can see, I don't really know what to make of it all. What did you think?

Lyra said:
Doesn't the fact that the Tower sent Roland back mean that it is now in danger of falling again?

It is in trouble of falling again, but the fact that the tower is still standing means that he's always gotten to it. At the top of the tower he seems to realize what is about to happen. And when he's climbing he hears "Cort was it" asking why he left the Horn at Jerico Hill. He shrugs it off, he's found the tower already right? He doesn't need it. It's almost as if he's being given a chance to make things right.

You come to realise why Eddie, Jake, Susannah and Oy don't make it to the tower. You kind of wonder if in the next run it will be Eddie, Jake, Susannah and Oy that will be taken?

Back