• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

David Nevin's 1812

veknaw

I have to read this book for History... 1812 by David Nevin. We aren't writing anything about it, we only have to discuss in class for a few days. Would anyone like to send me/post here a summary of this book? I don't have time to read it its terribly long. We have 2 weeks to read it and I can't finish this book. Summary? send it to kev07wan@aol.com if you want, or just post it here.

Thanks?

I have a feeling you won't get much help here. You might want to take a look at this thread to see how members feel about doing homework for students.

On a more positive note, you have two weeks to read the book. Saying you don't have time isn't much of an excuse. You had enough time to surf the web, find this site, join, post a thread and, I would presume, try the same on a few other sites. In the same amount of time, you could have gotten started reading the book!

Why not give it a try? It's about 500 pages long depending on the edition you have. If you average 50 pages a day you'll be done in 10 days. Quite doable.

veknaw said:
I have to read this book for History... 1812 by David Nevin. We aren't writing anything about it, we only have to discuss in class for a few days. Would anyone like to send me/post here a summary of this book? I don't have time to read it its terribly long. We have 2 weeks to read it and I can't finish this book. Summary? send it to kev07wan@aol.com if you want, or just post it here.

Thanks?

Bloody hell. :rolleyes:

I don't have time to read it its terribly long. We have 2 weeks to read it

Yeah, I remember being sooo pressed for time when I was a student. :rolleyes:

Have you considered reading The Moon's a Balloon by David Niven instead? It's much shorter and the amusement of the mix-up may well enable you to escape the damn good thrashing you so richly deserve.

Now, who's going to be the first to post a wholly fictional summary of the book to get him in trouble with his tutor?

Or is the username veknaw supposed to be reknaw, backwards slang??

Shade said:
Now, who's going to be the first to post a wholly fictional summary of the book to get him in trouble with his tutor?

damn - why didn't I think of that?! :)

Back