• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dean Koontz: Velocity

Hello everyone!

I was just wondering if anybody here has read Velocity by Dean Koontz, as it looked very intriguing to me when I picked it up in the shop. If anybody has, please tell me what it is like so that I will know whether to pick it up or not next time!

Thanks!

I read it and thought it was rubbish. Sorry. I've only read that and Intensity (which I thought was brilliant) by him though so maybe my opinion doesn't count for much, lol

Mmmm, I think I must agree with steffee. Not one of Koontz's best efforts. I enjoy reading Koontz, personally, and read anything new by him, but he can be overblown and waaayyy overly moralistic in his writing. Velocity is one of his books in which he goes too extreme in this direction. Read The Face, Intensity, The Bad Place, From the Corner of His Eye, and of course, the Franksenstein books and my favorite, Odd Thomas.

I enjoyed the book when I read it last year - talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place:( Whilst I don't believe Koontz is the best of writers, his storylines are entertaining and the characters believeable. As to comparing this particular book to his others... I cannot say much as I only started reading Koontz last year and so far have read around 5 of his novels.

I was really disappointed with this one to be honest, can't say I liked it at all.

Now, I will admit that I'm a new fan of Koontz. But I've at least liked all of his other novels that I have read (which is a grand total of 3!) I loved "Watchers" and "Door to December", and enjoyed "Midnight" even though I didn't think it was as good as the other two.

This one? Nope, it didn't do it for me.

Koonts the good and the bad

I started reading Koonts books about twenty years ago. He has a huge collection and the first fifteen or so were excellent but after that they seemed to suffer badly from… I don’t know what. Perhaps he just ran out of steam or got lazy. After taking a break for many years I recently picked up one of the Odd books and I have to say that while the story was terrible simple (unlike his earlier stuff) it was a nice read, Nothing more than nice but I have bought another one since. Haven’t read it yet though.

Back