• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dear Reader

RAC42

kickbox
Don't know if any of you have heard of this website. You can sign up and everyday they send you a bit of a book to read by email. By the end of the week, you have received 1 or 2 chapters to sample and the next week they start a new book. It's another way to maybe find a book you would like to read that otherwise you wouldn't know about.

http://www.dearreader.com

No catch that I have noticed. I have been receiving their emails for awhile now, not getting any spam or garbage because of it. Just getting samples of books to read and maybe will find one worth getting I may have not known about.
I actually found out about it from my library, they are promoting it on their website.

ohh! Then I might have to try it sometime. I thought it might have been one of those book clubs that require you to buy a certain amount of books in the membership.

Thanks for letting me know

By the way....I love your quote

Nope, not a "club" where you have to buy anything, I don't like those. This is all free, they don't even sell the books you might like, you are on your own to get them.

Thanks for the quote comment, it's something I heard in an old U2 song and has stuck with me.

dailylit.com

This is a similar site that I use. You get the whole book in daily e-mails.( I believe it is only books that are public domain.) Foir example, Huck Finn comes in 137 parts, The Gift of the Magi in 2 parts. You can choose every day, once a week, etc.

Back