• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dearie the Deer

Gita V.Reddy

My new book on Kindle - Dearie the Deer

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_41N_2BXbZmEXL._AA160_.jpg
-
http://www.amazon.com/Dearie-the-De...?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1370744321&sr=1-1

A deer, like any other animal in the forest, has to be brave to survive.

Dearie need not be brave like a lion or tiger. He does not have to fight any other animal . After all, he is a deer.

What Dearie needs is sufficient courage to have his wits about him and flee when there is any threat of danger. The sooner he takes to his heels, the better are his chances of survival.
But Dearie is possibly the most timid deer that ever lived. At the first whiff of danger, real or imagined, he freezes and stays where he is.

When his fear becomes a threat to the herd, Dearie must leave the herd and live alone, alone with his fears amidst the dangers that abound all around him.

*Front Cover Painting by Gita V.Reddy

Have just purchased Deerie, Gita - always like animal stories. Hope it's really successful and I'm sure it will have a good message in it. :)

Sorry Gita, got the title wrong, should have been Dearie the Deer, noticed when Amazon sent me the confirmation.

Loved your story and it was me that got the title wrong, not Amazon. Read it after breakfast, good lesson for all. Was thinking back to when I saw Bambi, that was a heartbreaker but your story was a confident one and the illustrations set if off nicely. Good job. :)

Thank you so much for your comments.
I wrote this story fifteen years ago for my son who was then ten, and it remains a favorite with both of us.
As this is an e publication, I kept the illustrations to a minimum and used only silhouettes. Someday, I hope to bring out Dearie the Deer as a richly illustrated physical book because the story has lots of visual potential.
Once again, thank you.

Back