• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Death of a Salesman - Arthur Miller

It's not really a book, but a very famous play. I really liked it when I read it. It is basically a look at the American dream which was very true and potentially interesting.

It is also a pretty easy read. It's short, and the message is pretty clear. I can't say that I loved it when I read it as a kid, but it was better than the average book we read that year.

In other news, I recently saw a commercial for Death of a Saleslady, which is about to end it's Boston run soon. It looks like an interesting adaptation with the main character being a female Mary Kay saleswoman. I think I would have liked to see it, but it is too last minute now.

I have read the play and others by Arthur Miller. He is great and if you take the time to read the book about his life, you will truely get inspired. He has had a very interesting life and met several interesting people in his life. I did a report in university long time ago and we also saw "Death of a salesman" as a film with Dustin Hoffmann and John Malkovich. Read the play and then go and try to find this movie, you will love it!

Flower

I wouldn't simply say it's basically about the American Dream, it has so much more depth to it. It's more about basing your entire existence around a lie and attempting to eventually deal with the truth, more about a father attempting to accomplish his own dreams through his own son, more about being who you are and not who your father is or was. It's brilliant, touching, it's the greatest play of the 20th Century. Arthur Miller was a master.

Back