• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

deleting alerts n other Q's

Meadow337

Former Moderator
how do you delete old alerts?

how do you delete conversations?

and last but not least can some one explain the points?

pretty please

Not sure about the first two. My alerts disappear after they are no longer relevant. I think.
I know you can leave a conversation, not sure if that deletes it altogether though. Feel free to test it on me.

Trophies and point are swag. :cool:

I know you can leave a conversation, not sure if that deletes it altogether though. Feel free to test it on me.

thank you - yes that does 'remove' the conversation but it doesn't delete it as there is a pop up when you do that, that says 'accept more posts in this conversation in which case this conversation will be restored'.

I like DELETING old stuff so that it is gone gone.

My alerts do not seem to be disappearing .... there are pages of them already.

Also the email to alert you there is an alert isn't working.

This is going on the 'other Q's' label ....

the little box on the RHS with 'LIKED / RECENT / POPULAR' in it ... well the 'LIKED' and 'RECENT' are swopped around. ie the 'LIKED' posts are in RECENT and the 'RECENT' posts are in LIKED.

just thought you might like to know.

Alerts never disappear as far as I know.

Conversations are only completely deleted if everyone leaves the conversation. This is because conversations are basically like personal threads where you can only post with invited people.

The points are default and I haven't looked into them. Consider them not important at this point.

Thanks for pointing our the sidebar issue.

Alerts never disappear as far as I know.
oh no :( pages n pages of stuff is bothersome - my delete finger itches

Conversations are only completely deleted if everyone leaves the conversation. This is because conversations are basically like personal threads where you can only post with invited people.

thanks but a tiny little sigh ... I like knowing that when I press DELETE the stuff she is gone!

The points are default and I haven't looked into them. Consider them not important at this point.
I was / I am / I will continue ignoring them, but like Alice I suffer from curiousity.

I researched the alerts a bit more and they are deleted after 4 days. Sorry for the misinformation.

:D no worries .... I was heading into nightmare territory (for me personally cos I don't even keep emails - I have a firm read and delete policy) with pages and pages of them. I see now that it has changed to just 4 days worth.

Back