• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Derek J. Canyon: Dead Dwarves, Dirty Deeds

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
Dead Dwarves, Dirty Deeds is a collection of three cyberpunk short stories for the Kindle. I fell for the cheap 99 cent price tag and I was not disappointed.

The stories:

Angel: Ross Drake is a cybernetic hit-man who stole millions from his corporation masters. Imprisoned for mass-murder, he escapes with the help of two strange men and a mysterious benefactor. Unfortunately for Drake, they don’t just want a piece of the action. They want it all.

Gift Horse: Mutilated by rival convicts, Marco Vance is brought back from the brink of death. Outfitted with the latest cybernetic enhancements, he returns to the Regional Atlanta Metroplex as the conquering criminal kingpin. But, his savior demands that he deliver a message to repay his debt. A message that no one will forget.

Money Is Everything: Street gangs hunt a deposed crime boss carrying a case of cash. Pursued and friendless, he can trust no one. Except someone he can buy. Luckily, Noose the genetically engineered dwarf mercenary is always for hire. But, what is his price?

All three stories take place in the same universe. "Gift Horse" and "Money Is Everything" definitely take place within the same timeline but I'm not sure about "Angel".

If you like your cyberpunk gritty and fast, then you could certainly do worse than read these. I feel he does the genre justice and breathes a bit of new life into it.

:star3:

Back