• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Descartes

Not extensively. We read some of him in school. Then we were told he froze to death in Stockholm because the queen wanted her own private philosopher but didn't bother heating his room. Sorry about that, history.

So which is it, one star or five?

I would say big five....:star5: Because, I'm really enjoying the book...Hopefully ....will be reading more of him .I never read anything about him in school.I'm glad i decided to read this book.
Sad to know ...he died that way...

if you like descartes, you'll probably like locke, and if you like locke you'll probably like hume ( my favorite philosopher hands down, damn genius that well known greats like freud and einstein talk highly of )

if you like descartes, you'll probably like locke, and if you like locke you'll probably like hume ( my favorite philosopher hands down, damn genius that well known greats like freud and einstein talk highly of )
I haven't read locke or hume so far....Since you say somebody who appreciates descartes will like them as well..I would read both of them on your recommendation as soon as I am done with the current book.would you suggest any work by these particularly??? :star5:

Back