• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Desperate to find this book! Early 80's Post WW2 novel...

YankeeLuvr

Back around 1983 I read a novel that took place just at the end of World War II, where a man visited a castle in the snowy German alps in an area that had been liberated, and within the castle he discovered that someone had written an entire book or diary or something on the walls of the castle, can't remember which. I have racked my brains and cannot remember the author or the title, I just remember the other book I bought the same day, Charles McCarry's The Last Supper (if this helps to date the book) ......I KNOW this is a longshot, but I can't think of any other way to find out the name and author of this wonderful book, short of hypnosis! PLEASE...someone must have read this book or know a resource where I could find it

never mind i found it

I just found out from a friend who had been just as impressed with the book!!! It;s called "Famous Last Words" by Timothy Findley...if you can get hold of it, don't miss it!!!

Back