• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Desperately need a new book

hexenjager

What I have read:
Cherub Series (all) - and others by author****
The Gatekeeper Series (all) ***
The Maze Runner (and sequels) ****
Artemis Fowl (All) ****
Jimmy Coates (all) **

-I am a bit weird when it comes to book, the first character I spend time with in the novel, and the first character that goes in depth is the character I root for as the main, and I tend to only care about what happens to him. Those around him only concern me if it affects him as well, so a story where more than one character is trying to be a dominant main character is not for me.

What I am looking for:
1. I am looking for a story where the main character is a young man, ages 12-15 give or take, that is living a hard life. Here are few examples, not from any particular book. Note that these are examples and any recommendations don't need to follow them word for word
* A character is living in poverty, and has to earn his own when it comes to food and money, even feeding his family, if he has any. Working through serious times, where one mistake could get him killed and nobody would care, and then something happens that changes his life. Either some orginization (evil or good) comes a takes him for any purpose... He could have blood that can kill an ancient demon lord or just might look like someone that has gone missing and they want him to replace that person. Or something happens to make it better, such as making a friend in some weird way that helps pull him out of misery.
* A character who was raised as an assassin (or any other type, drug mule, con tool, etc...), learned to kill, and has chosen to feel no emotions, and then gets abandoned by the person(s) who put him in that position. He is either moved on has to survive without or by using his less than normal skills in a real world environment... Example: Assassin, abandoned, goes to foster home, lives normal school life, has to decide when to use his abilities and when to keep them dormant.
-
The next type I am looking is one where a young man is happy, but then has to face some bigger than him trouble or life changing trouble. An example would be Cherub, he is living perfectly fine, his mother dies, goes to foster home, gets picked up to be a willing secret agent in a place that trains kids to be spies. I don't want the trouble to be love related, unless the person that he loved is dead, such as MC love girl, girl loves him, girl die, MC goes through hell.
-
Another type would be a kid joining bands of kids. Such as in The Maze Runner, group of kids build themselves up, start a place of there own like that, and create a society, and then he is either STRANGE and special in some way, it may be that his specialty isn't revealed to everyone or early on but still special, or he is a newcomer with unbelievable talent or potential.
-
What I am not looking for:
*A love story, now there can be love, actually I root for it, but I don't want the entire point of the story to be he loves her or she loves him how the hell will it work out... Thats not for me.
*A story that focuses on many people as the main dominant character. I only care about one character, the rest are extras to move the pages along. An example, In the hunger games the girl is the main dominant character, the guy sent with her is also a main character, I don't give a shit about the guy.

Formats:
*Paperback
*Kindle
*Iphone
*PC

Back