• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Desperately searching for this book!!

asheri

Hello! i have been looking for a book, for the longest time now... Its a fantasy book...
all i know is i read it in Grade 8, i dont remember the name or the author...
it was extremely thick...
and all i remember is that in the beginning there are kids messing around in an attic, and they find televisions that are unplugged, they manage to go through them to an other place that reminds me alot of Narnia. for some reason i remember them having a puddle or something in this land that you transport through... i just cant quite remember...
i highly doubt thats enough to go off of, but if you have any ideas or guesses they are greatly appreciated!
Thanks in Advance :confused:

I don't remember anything about unplugged tvs, but I'm fairly sure you're thinking of "The Magician's Nephew," which is the first book in the Narnia series by CS Lewis.

Come to think of it, it's not that thick either, so maybe you're thinking of something else that's just plagiarised from Lewis!

i thought it was that too, ive read most of the Narnia books, but its not. i have no idea what it is.... its driving me nuts i even tried contacting old class mates and they remember the book but just not the author or the name... its really thick book, but i just cant seem to remember anything more about it... hrmm...

Hello! i have been looking for a book, for the longest time now... Its a fantasy book...
all i know is i read it in Grade 8, i dont remember the name or the author...
it was extremely thick...
and all i remember is that in the beginning there are kids messing around in an attic, and they find televisions that are unplugged, they manage to go through them to an other place that reminds me alot of Narnia. for some reason i remember them having a puddle or something in this land that you transport through... i just cant quite remember...
i highly doubt thats enough to go off of, but if you have any ideas or guesses they are greatly appreciated!
Thanks in Advance :confused:
Hi! This is my first post here. It sounds an awful lot like The Tower of Geburah by John White. I received it in grade 6 for an award at school. I was soooo disappointed to get a fantasy novel - not my taste at all. :lol

I ended up really liking it, though. The Canadian part is set in the neighbourhood of Winnipeg that I grew up in - probably why it was chosen for the award. A set of siblings are snowbound in their uncle's house, and snoop into the attic. They find the unplugged tv's, end up going through them into Anthropos, and have all sorts of adventures helping the king, etc.

I know exactly the books you are talking about, Authors name starts with a letter at the end of the alphabet, the series (or atleast on of the books) is called Black Caldron, not all the animals can talk right? Mainly the wolves?

...you know, are you sure it wasn't the Chronicles of Narnia? The first book in the series is called the Magician's Nephew, and I don't remember anything about TV's, but the kids had to jump through pools to get to different worlds.

Back