• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Differences Between Men and Women?

"I'm surprised the discussion became so serious. I was just intending to say a bunch of silly stuff about guys (like to dig holes, like smelly things, talk with their mouths full) and girls (will cut off an arm to lose 10 lbs, will spend their last 5 buck on Vogue)."

If you prefer to stay in this arena:

How 'bout the ability to define time? This is the most common and glaring difference in my relationship. My wife has no ability to determine how much time it takes to do things. A 10 minute trip to the store really means 45 minutes to an hour. I'll be in and out when refering to getting a carton of milk or something means I'd better park, and turn off the engine, and catch a cat nap. I am always, always early to get to places. To get my wife out the door on time requires a constant reminder of exactly what time it is, and how much time she has left to get it together before we become late. Why can't women understand the relationship of time like a man? :eek:

novella said:
When I was a managing editor, I had three associate editors reporting to me, all guys. The last one hired quit after about 6 months. I asked him why he was leaving so soon, and he said he didn't want to work in a "pink collar ghetto." I guess he just couldn't stand reporting to a woman.
How about some more glaring differences in the workplace? In the States (although it varies by region) a woman and a man can have exactly the same job responsibilities and the same qualifications yet the woman gets paid less than the man (about 80 cents to the dollar). A man can be upwardly mobile, full of ambition. He is called assertive, maybe even aggressive and it is a good thing. A woman would be considered a bitch for having the same attitudes.

cajunmama said:
How about some more glaring differences in the workplace? In the States (although it varies by region) a woman and a man can have exactly the same job responsibilities and the same qualifications yet the woman gets paid less than the man (about 80 cents to the dollar). A man can be upwardly mobile, full of ambition. He is called assertive, maybe even aggressive and it is a good thing. A woman would be considered a bitch for having the same attitudes.

Would Martha Stewart be in jail if she was a man? Say Like Donald Trump?
My guess is no.

Motokid said:
Would Martha Stewart be in jail if she was a man? Say Like Donald Trump?
My guess is no.

Who is Martha Stewart? And why is she in jail? And who, for that matter, is Leona Helmsley? (Confused UK person here.)

Halo said:
Who is Martha Stewart? And why is she in jail? And who, for that matter, is Leona Helmsley? (Confused UK person here.)

Leona Helmsley is the widow of a really rich NYC real-estate mogul named Harry Helmsley (owns and manages many skyscrapers in Manhattan and a chain of hotels). In the 80s Harry became rather old and frail, and Leona ran the business. She's an aggressive, smart person and was reviled because of it, "called "the Queen of Mean" in the papers. She was put in jail for minor tax evasion (having jewelry sent to her home out of state, to avoid sales tax and hiding building expenses on a new home) which was seen by many as something that never would have happened if she was a man.

Martha Stewart is just the latest Leona. She's a self-made media mogul who's in jail right now, mostly for lying and obstructing justice. They tried to prove insider trading but couldn't make the case and stuck her in jail anyway. None of her male counterparts in the case were prosecuted.

im diffrent than most women anyways, becasue im bisexual..lol

same goes for a gay guy, you cant compare him to a straight guy.

ok anyways.

my english.

im hungry...im hungry
im tired....im tired/ bored
im depressed...sexually fustrated
im mad....why wont you have sex?
im bored....i want to have sex
lets go somewhere.....im bored
lets go to the bar and have a drink...i want to go to the bar and look at girls and get wasted drunk!
god your so lazy.....i cannot belive i married the most laziest man on earth!
leave me alone.....you insulted me and i feel bad so shut up!
i dont feel like cooking...i want to eat out somewhere unhealthy
ill do it later....yeah shut up w/e
whatever...your ae so stupid, i could hit you right now, but im trying to be nice so i say this instead.
sorry...forgive me...lets have makeup sex now
i have a headache....you annoyed me or made a dumb remark
i dont feel good...i lost my horniness
i love you....i do love you so lets do it!
lets cuddle....lets have sex!
shut up....go die!
lets go see a movie...im in the mood to jerk you off
im having a good day today...i want to suck you right now
im gonna take a shower...wann get clean for our suck fest!

i always thought martha stewart was brilliant and just had a problem with people casue she felt they were just not as smart as aher, so she got annoyed, but maybe its true.. lol

Motokid said:
" Why can't women understand the relationship of time like a man? :eek:

see i always thought the opposite was true while growing up. my mom is obsessively punctual and my father, my god, it's ridiculous how time has no meaning in his world. if mom was driving we were on time, if dad we were late. my sister and i got in the habit of lying about what time we had to be someplace just so we could be somewhat on time. and to this day if i am 5 mins late i experiance stress bordering on anxiety. :D

Some men I know have the ability to watch two or more televisions at once, especially when watching sports. One guy I know has three stacked TVs. He likes to watch three.

Some women I know can talk on the phone, smoke a cig, eat, fix their make up and give a baby a bath all at the same time, and you ask them what they're doing and they say "nothing."

jenngorham said:
see i always thought the opposite was true while growing up. my mom is obsessively punctual and my father, my god, it's ridiculous how time has no meaning in his world. if mom was driving we were on time, if dad we were late. my sister and i got in the habit of lying about what time we had to be someplace just so we could be somewhat on time. and to this day if i am 5 mins late i experiance stress bordering on anxiety. :D

that is true in my house, too. my husband is ALWAYS late so i always tell him fake times in an effort to be punctual. when he tells me he'll be somewhere in one hour, i ask him if that's real time or matt-time?

another man/woman difference is being sick. when men are sick, they're all but dying, and cannot move out of the bed even to grab a new kleenex. women drag their butts out of bed to get done the things they do everyday.

i did once hear "men marry women hoping they won't change and women marry men hoping they will". i hear truth in that

I'll tell you what I find funny. When I ask the warm, pale one who exists alongside me what he's thinking about lots of times he says "nothing" and it's true! I don't think I've ever spent a second without thinking about SOMETHING, even if it's "what the hell is the dog doing now?!".

Jenem said:
that is true in my house, too. my husband is ALWAYS late so i always tell him fake times in an effort to be punctual. when he tells me he'll be somewhere in one hour, i ask him if that's real time or matt-time?

another man/woman difference is being sick. when men are sick, they're all but dying, and cannot move out of the bed even to grab a new kleenex. women drag their butts out of bed to get done the things they do everyday.

i did once hear "men marry women hoping they won't change and women marry men hoping they will". i hear truth in that

my husband is a matt, are you really a jen(em) ?

yes yes yes to the sick thing. if i am sick, life still goes on, there are no "sick days" for stay at home moms, yet if matt is sick, sick day on the couch...oh honey could you just....cough cough.

jenngorham said:
my husband is a matt, are you really a jen(em) ?

yes yes yes to the sick thing. if i am sick, life still goes on, there are no "sick days" for stay at home moms, yet if matt is sick, sick day on the couch...oh honey could you just....cough cough.

yep- i am a jen. are you a jen, too? i know they are common names, but that would be too funny :)

I must admit the sick thing is truthful in my house too. I've gotten migraines my whole life, so at this point I just work through them as long as I can stand up/sit up without vomiting (and of course no one is ever polite enough to turn down the television or dim the lights)...my brother had a minor one once and lay still all day moaning, groaning, and wearing dark sunglasses. You'd've thought he was dying.

Jenem said:
yep- i am a jen. are you a jen, too? i know they are common names, but that would be too funny :)
yes i am a jenn married to a matt. wierd. you are my west coast double. :D

Motokid said:
How 'bout the ability to define time? This is the most common and glaring difference in my relationship. My wife has no ability to determine how much time it takes to do things. A 10 minute trip to the store really means 45 minutes to an hour. I'll be in and out when refering to getting a carton of milk or something means I'd better park, and turn off the engine, and catch a cat nap. I am always, always early to get to places. To get my wife out the door on time requires a constant reminder of exactly what time it is, and how much time she has left to get it together before we become late. Why can't women understand the relationship of time like a man? :eek:

That doesn't work, I always make the same complaint about men! Both my (male) boss and my husband are like this.

bobbyburns said:
oh, you girls ...

that's right, we are new BESTFRIENDS FOR LIFE!!!!! we will move next door to each other and name our kids the same and go for power walks everyday :D

actually, in my sad attempt at sarcasm, i remembered another difference. i think women can and do form friendships quicker than men. however i think women have many friends who are of the moment or transitional, whereas men tend to keep friendships that last a lifetime.

Back