• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Different editions of books

Baddie

I'm bying books to read this summer.
Since I'll improve my English I order books in English.
There is much more to choose between at the Internet then in Norwegian bookstores. But there is something the confuse me, the different editions of books.

For example Memoirs of A Geisha - Arthur Golden at www.play.com
http://www.play.com/Books/Books/CART/3-/746444/Memoirs_of_a_Geisha_Arthur_Golden/Product.html
The tie-in to the international bestseller. Summoning up more than 20 years of Japan's most dramatic history, the geisha's story uncovers a hidden world of eroticism and enchantment, exploitation and degradation. It moves from a small fishing village in 1929 to the glamorous and decadent Kyoto of the 30s and on to postwar New York.
paperback - 512 Pages

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/PROD/3-/353444/Memoirs_of_a_Geisha/Product.html
Summoning up more than 20 years of Japan's most dramatic history, the geisha's story uncovers a hidden world of eroticism and enchantment, exploitation and degradation. It moves from a small fishing village in 1929 to the glamorous and decadent Kyoto of the 30s and on to postwar New York.
paperback (B format) - 448 Pages

Of course I want the full version of the book. But the tie-in edition got more pages, that doesn't make seens to me. Any of you who got this book in paperback and know witch to choose?? (They also got different front covers)

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to long days in the sun with some good books.:cool:

*SORRY - THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN POSTED IN BOOK SEARCH! CAN SOMEBODY MOVE IT?*

It doesn't look to me like there's any difference between these two editions... Maybe the one with the shorter amount of pages is a bigger sized novel and therefore won't need as many as a typical sized paperback?

The "A" format paperback is the most common paperback size. The "B" format paperback is slightly smaller than a hardback. Different size fonts and page margins cause the different number of pages.

Hardbacks and paperbacks almost always have exactly the same text, except that the reprints usually have spelling mistakes corrected. But audio books (CD's or cassettes) are often abridged (shortened).

Thanks for the answers, Fantacy Moon and WickedWitch.
I didn't know that paperbacks come in different sizes, at least the don't do that in my homecountry. That explains the difference in number of pages.

*ording books for my holiday*

Back