• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do NOT put spoilers in the thread TITLE!!!!

Kookamoor

Hello all,

I haven't started reading Harry Potter and I won't for a while due to time and cost restraints. I know you're all very excited about the book coming out, as am I. But can everyone please exercise some restraint in ensuring that you do not put spoilers about the book into the thread title. I am staying out of the Harry Potter section, but everyone can still see your thread titles coming up in the forum main page and the 'new threads' section if someone adds to your thread.

What has prompted me to write this is that I saw a thread title which says
Dumbledore Dies
. I don't know if that's true or not, but I don't want to know ANYTHING about the book at this stage.

Mods: can you please change that thread title? Even if it isn't true, it still seems inappropriate to have as it appears revealing.

Thanks everyone! Don't read too quick or you'll be on tenterhooks until Book 7 in... 2007?

Well it appears that someone has already changed the title - however that thread was started on 17th December 2004 - it is certainly not new. We are trying to keep discussion in one thread at the moment, so people can avoid it. However this isn't always the case.

Kook - the "Dumbledore dies" thread was started last year & refers to people making guesses about who dies in the book well before it was released.

Yeah, Moto just PM'ed me about that. Thanks for changing the title, though, guys! And to Ice and Moto for reassuring me that that was a prediction not a current comment (impossible to tell the start date of threads from the forum main page or 'new threads' page). All the same, still good to be aware of.

Back