• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do You Have A Set Time For Reading?

Darren

or just read whenever you get chance?

At the moment I seem to be having difficulty making the time to read for more than five or ten minutes last thing at night!

Egad! Five or ten minutes? You poor dear. How can you get "into" a book that way? Most of my reading is done at night before bed. Usually one to two hours. Sometimes more. That's why I don't sleep enough. I will snatch 10-15 minutes here or there during the day if I have the time.

Yes, it is a bit difficult to get "into" my current book, but that's because I've been so busy this week. My reading does tend to go in sporadic bursts - some weeks I'll read every day, and others only one or two days of that week.

I try to read for an hour or two before sleeping but sometimes I can only manage 10 minutes... If I get the opportunity, I read during the day, but it doesn't happen very often during the week. On some week-ends, if I don't have any plans or if my current reading is particularly riveting, I spend several hours reading, in between things to do...

Just a bit before bed usually... Depends. Sometimes it is just about half an hour... sometimes 2 hours. On weekends I love to curl up with a good book for hours. :) That is probably my fave time to read... :)

For me it depends on the book. If its a really good book I find myself making time to read. I generally try to have something going--new good or otherwise--all the time though in case I get a minute or two.

Time for reading? I couldn't stand just reading a little here and a little there. I start a book when I have time to finish reading it cover to cover in one go. Sometimes if I get fed up with the book at points, in which case I put it down for a while (most WoT books did this to me alot, I'll be engrossed in one character's story, get to another's, see that its something like 5 chapters and put the book down). Other than that, first read-through is done all at once for me.

EDIT: Changed the typo "her and a little here" to "here and a little there".

I usually only get time to read during my lunch break, i.e. half an hour per day. My evenings are spent doing chores and watching TV/DVD.

I read when I feel like reading -- if I feel like reading a book at seven in the morning, so be it.

It's the same with reading spots, really. Anytime, anyplace will do.

My best time for reading is at night. My daughter is in bed and the house is quiet, so I just float away into whatever I am reading. It is like taking a holiday, only a lot cheaper...:D :D

Cheers, Vicky

I'm with you, Vicky. While I read at lunch time, during my commute, etc., my favorite time is once the kiddie are in bed. I can concentrate on what I'm reading for an extended period of time and not deny my children my attention they need.

Back