• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do You Have a Story Idea (Novel or Short Story) in Your Head Right Now?

The book I plan to write one day is -

After Ragnarok: The New Norse Mythology.

I plan to center the story on Magni and Modi, the two sons of Thor who survive Ragnarok.

The book will be a collection of short stories.

Nothing said:
Stick w/your original idea & dont take the advice of others too seriously. What they want out of a story should not mean too much to you. The story you want to tell is the most important thing.
I agree. Stephen King once said, "No, it's not a very good story - its author was too busy listening to other voices to listen as closely as he should have to the one coming from inside."

Stick with your story and write as you wish. Then read it and have somone you know read it. Listen to what they say and make any grammatical edits that may be necessary, but keep the story your own. Creativity is stifled by allowing criticism to dampen it.

I actually have started a novel of sorts. It's hard to throw into any genre. I guess it's a sci-fi/fantasy, but it doesn't really fit that profile either. I've run into a bit of a block recently (summer is too crazy to allow for writing much) and since I've been job hunting, I've been to distracted and somewhat stressed. Now that I have a job lined up I can get back to the business at hand. We'll see how it comes along. I've never really been a great writer. I'm too much of a perfectionist and have a tendency to keep editing what I have already written to death instead of continuing with the story.

I can't really say much regarding the plot without really giving the whole thing away. I'll just say that there's a conspiracy theory and a good deal of assumed witchcraft.

If so, tells us something (not all of course) about your idea(s) for a novel or short story. Warning: Don't post anything that would allow another viewer of this thread to steal your idea(s).

I have one which I want to title Dream Runner. It's a treasure hunt (adventure) in the Amazon jungle. It's one heck of a long novel (if I ever do decide to write it) and it all fits together very well...nice ending too.

I also have a couple of short story ideas. The titles being: Asleep in Death, Inventing Love, Bottomless and others....

Do you have a new story idea(s)? :cool:

Yes I do. I already outlined it. I'll start writing it after my first book is published

Back