• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do you think movies always ruin books?

The Lord of the Rings trilogy were excellent adaptations. War Horse was another.
For classics, Gone With the Wind and The Keys of the Kingdom.

Not always...
But I do think that at times , a movie , a director's or an actor's vision or interpretation can cloud your own ideas or views of just what a book was saying or what a character was like...
Andy

Depends what you think of a book. Hunger games was a good book and the movie was fine too. They didn’t change too much (most people hate when the plot is completely changed because then the movie is no longer about the book but inspired by it I.E. Percy jackson and Insurgent) Most people loved the movie IT and the book too. Gone Girl was enjoyed by both the reader and the watcher. and those who did both. Harry Potter most certainly wasnt ruined and Murder on the orient express has many movies/tv spin offs that are extremely enjoyable. So no movies don’t ruin books. However I have found watching the movie first ruins them because all the magic of imagination and wondering what happens next is stripped away.

Depends what you think of a book. Hunger games was a good book and the movie was fine too. They didn’t change too much (most people hate when the plot is completely changed because then the movie is no longer about the book but inspired by it I.E. Percy jackson and Insurgent) Most people loved the movie IT and the book too. Gone Girl was enjoyed by both the reader and the watcher. and those who did both. Harry Potter most certainly wasnt ruined and Murder on the orient express has many movies/tv spin offs that are extremely enjoyable. So no movies don’t ruin books. However I have found watching the movie first ruins them because all the magic of imagination and wondering what happens next is stripped away.

Harry Potter most certainly wasnt ruined and Murder on the orient express has many movies/tv spin offs that are extremely enjoyable. So no movies don’t ruin books. However I have found watching the movie first ruins them because all the magic of imagination and wondering what happens next is stripped away.

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Back