• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Does anyone know the title of this book?

Voids

kickbox
My mother fell in love with a book many years ago that she lent to a friend who never gave it back.
She doesn't remember the title of the book, but I'd like to find it for her. She only remembers these minor details, and they're pretty sketchy so don't take anything as gospel:

- There was a witch with a servant named "Thingy". She called her ugly but she was actually incredibly beautiful (she discovers this for herself at the end of the book)
- Thingy ran away from the witch and went on a quest, where she meets many characters along the way, including a unicorn
- Thingy goes to find the dragon who possesses some form of precious materials (gold, rubies, diamonds or something, she doesn't recall) which she believes will set her free? (She's really unsure on this)

Not sure of the conclusion.. My mother thinks she may have been granted her freedom, but she can't remember.

If anyone has ANY suggestions as to what this book might be, PLEASE respond!
Thank you!

"The Unlikely Ones" by Mary Brown:

Thing, a young girl who hides beneath a mask, and her handicapped companions--a crow, a toad, a goldfish, and a kitten--set off on a desperate quest to find the Dragon of the Black Mountain.

Back